Bridal Glow Feature
Leigh Campbell shares with Eternity readers her expertise on how to achieve glowing bridal skin for your big day. Take note ladies! You want to be bright-eyed and bushy tailed, looking the most glamourous yet effortless on your wedding day. Leigh has got your beauty regime covered for skin which will make your wedding make-up look! And most importantly, remember to get lots of sleep leading up to the big day! The last thing you want is bags under your eyes, beauty sleep is the key!
Every skin is different but what all brides share is the desire for fresh, glowing and blemish-free skin on their big day.
Lime Health and Beauty assess each skin-type on its individuality but a very common beauty regime would be:
3 months out
- Start protecting your skin! Get a tinted moisturiser (aka BB cream). My pick is the Dermalogica Sheer tint SPF 20
- Start your course of microdermabrasion or facials (depending on skin type).
- The trick to maintain glowing and radiant skin in-between facials is all about at-home maintenance. Washing your face with a gentle cleanser (morning and night) is the most important step as well as applying a serum and moisturiser that’s tailored to your skin type and concerns. Exfoliating a few times a week will also help your facial products absorb into your skin better.
- Regular mini-manicures and pedicures at home or in salon
1 Month Out
- Trial spray tan – Your Hen’s party is a good night to trial the colour on your skin.
One Week Out
- A gentle facial or micro treatment
- Eye Lash Tint
- Eye-brow shape and tinting
The Week of wedding!
- All body waxing, facial waxing and tinting!
- Exfoliate and moisture your body
- Spray tan
2 Days Out
- Manicure and pedicure
On the Day!
So you have prepped and made the canvas as best you can, now for make-up.
Lime Make-up Artistry’s chief makeup artist, Erin Laing has put together a list of make-up essentials:-
- A dewy foundation looks great on Summer brides. But be careful if you’re prone to oily skin – you’ll be very shiny in your pictures.
- Natural is best – you don’t want to look back on your photo’s in 10 years time and say ‘Why did I think purple eye shadow was cool?’
- Stick to creams, browns and gold’s if you want to be a sun-kissed natural bride – Perfect for the Sunshine Coast!
- Consult with your make-up artist and buy the lipstick, as you will need to re-apply throughout the night. It’s a great keepsake to hang on to.
- A cool trend is to wear a neutral pink to the ceremony and then spice things up with a brighter pink/coral for the reception. Of course the colour needs to work in with your colouring, your dress and overall theme of the day.
For more tips and trends from our expertise advice columnist for bridal beauty, visit Lime Health & Beauty at 5/22 King Street Cotton Tree or email [email protected] Lime Health & Beauty is also on Facebook and you can follow their updates – www.facebook.com/limehealth.